Orange circular cables are basically a collection of 3-4 coaxial cables all together inside a single sheath. These coaxial cables also known as cores are electric cables that are made up of copper wires and offers great flexibility. The use of orange circular Cables has drastically changed the scenario of electrical and wiring in both industrial and residential applications. Nowadays these cables are widely used for internal wiring purposes and are extremely secure. These cables are made for signal transfer and control applications as they have the in-built feature of common-mode cancellation. Apart from this, there are many other features and benefits of orange circular cable that have made them indispensable for numerous households and commercial segments.
Components used in the construction of these Cable:
- The core element present as a base is the conductor which contains tinned copper wires in stranded form.
- On top of this layer comes a layer of insulation which is made up of PVC.
- A polyester tape covers the layer of PVC.
- On top of this tape, the layer is the tinned copper jacket layer.
- Finally, as an outer covering, there is a PVC layer which is also known as a sheath.
Uses and application of orange circular cables —
- As they are resistant to extreme temperatures, so they can be used at places that are prone to fire. It is also used widely in flameproof equipment and tools that are used in high heat zones.
- They are also used in the form of power cords in various electrical appliances.
- Because of the enhanced safety provided by these cables they are widely used in hi-power appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, ovens etc.
- They also find usage in military, aerospace and marine industry for several types of equipment. they are used in engine bay wiring, missile internal wiring, below deck zero cabling, rotating turret, weapon systems and radar, launch and control systems etc.